We are unable to release iSnake Game Server Manager (GSM), which tracks all the iSnake game servers hosted over the internet, as SF only has support for PHP 4. We are working to create a PHP 4 port of iSnake GSM which was created using libraries available in PHP 5 and will release it soon.
iSnake aims to bring the fun and simplicity of snake game (popular among cell phone users)
with some new features. It includes a computer controlled intelligent opponent whose aim is to
challenge the human players during the game. It also has the multiplayer feature that allows more
than one players to play a game over a network. The simplicity of this game makes it an ideal candidate for our research in multiplayer functionality and artificial intelligence in games. iSnake source code has been released under GNU General Public License.
- May 26, 2008 - iSnake project was awarded second prize in Open Software Competition organized by LOCUS 07/08.
- May 07, 2008 - iSnake version 1.0 launched. cheers :)
- May 06, 2008 - iSnake team has participated in the Open Software Competition organized by LOCUS 07/08. LOCUS 07/08 starts on May 08,2008 at Institute of Engineering, Pulchowk Campus, Nepal. Check iSnake Document Repository for the proposal and report submitted by iSnake team in this competition.
- Mar. 09, 2008 - iSnake won first prize at the Inter College Undergraduate Project Competition - KUCC Software Meet 2008 held at Kathmandu University on March 7, 2008.
- Mar. 07, 2008 - iSnake team participated in the Inter College Undergraduate Project Competition - KUCC Software Meet 2008 held at Kathmandu University on March 7, 2008. Check iSnake Document Repository for the reports and slides used by iSnake team in this competetion.
- Feb. 25, 2008 - Project Presentation/Demonstration of iSnake completed. Final project report was submitted to Dept. of Electronics and Computer Engineering, Institute of Engineering Pulchowk Campus, Nepal. We will soon be releasing iSnake 0.1 Beta
- Nov. 03, 2007 - AI Algorithm Design - we have finalized the AI algorithm to be implemented in iSnake. Implementation of AI algorithm started
- Oct. 06, 2007 - Phase 2 Integration - we successfully tested basic version of multiplayer snake game.
- Sep. 28, 2007 - Phase 1 Integration - chat functionality of the game was tested successfully.
- Sep. 05, 2007 - proposal for iSnake as III year / II part minor project was submitted.
- Aug. 06, 2007 - Planning Phase and User Interface (UI) Prototype Design Phase
Last Updated: Mar. 10, 2009